UNM Children's Hospital
~ Physician to Physician ~
|Craig Wong, MD, MPH, Division Chief
|Amy Staples, MD, MPH
|John Brandt, MD, MPH,
|Catherine Joseph, MD
|Jane Baechle, RN, CNP
PALS line: 1-888-866-7257 (1-888-UNM-PALS)
Pediatric Nephrology sees patients with a wide variety of renal problems:
- Hematuria, Proteinuria, Congenital renal anomalies and Tubulopathies
- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections and Dysfunctional Voiding
- Hypertension and Metabolic Syndrome
- Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease management
- Dialysis and Renal Transplantation
- Kidney Stone management
We also work closely with Pediatric Urology to manage children with the full range Urologic and Nephrologic issues. We have clinic 4 days a week (M,W,Th, F)
To Refer a Child to Pediatric Nephrology:
- Families or Providers may call (505)272-3887 to make an appointment.
- If you as a provider feel that the problem is urgent and the child needs an appointment sooner, schedule the appointment and then call the PALS line and ask to speak to the Pediatric Nephrologist on call to arrange an quicker appointment or ask for suggestions for interim care.
- Once appointments are scheduled, please fax pertinent records (test results, growth charts) to: (505)272-6620.
- If patients or family need to talk our nurse specialist (Jane Baechle) about upcoming appointments or other issues they can call (505)272-0028.