, MD, FAAD, FAAP
Barrett Zlotoff, MD, FAAD
Pediatric and Adolescent Dermatology sees patients with a wide spectrum of dermatologic disorders, including conditions of the skin, hair, nails and mucosa.
Clinics are supervised by Dr. Aimee Smidt and Dr. Barrett Zlotoff. Dr. Smidt is Board-certified in both Pediatrics and Dermatology, and completed a Pediatric Dermatology fellowship at Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago, IL. Dr. Zlotoff is a Board-certified Dermatologist with a long-standing special interest in Pediatric Dermatology, who has been on faculty seeing children since 2006. He completed fellowship at University of California - San Francisco in 2011.
The service sees referrals from UNM pediatricians, private practitioners, subspecialists, and other clinics for any concern relating to the skin, hair, or nails in children and adolescents (ages 0-22). Specifically, our main areas of focus include:
- Hemangiomas of infancy
- Vascular malformations/birthmarks, such as port wine stains. We are able to offer outpatient laser therapy for many affected patients. We also run a quarterly Multidisciplinary Vascular Lesions Clinic for children and young adults with more complex vascular lesions.
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Acquired and congenital nevi (moles)
- Blistering disorders
- Alopecia (hair loss) and other hair disorders
- Genodermatoses and skin manifestations of systemic disease
We are happy to see any patient with a concerning dermatologic exam in consultation. We also see consultations from Urgent Care, Emergency Room, in-hospital and Teledermatology services as well.
We see patients in 2 locations:
Dermatology Clinic-Stagnone Building, 1021 Medical Arts NE
Young Childrens Health Center, 306 A San Pablo SE
(505)272-6222 for Medical Arts/Dermatology Clinic
(505) 272-9242 for YCHC
For more urgent appointments please call through the PALS line for appropriate triaging.